Downtown Brooklyn and Midtown West
We’re looking for a pet groomer to join our passionate team at Throw Me A Bone. Our groomers are a crucial part of our organization, building lasting relationships with our customers and providing quality care to their pets. This is a great opportunity for someone who’s an animal lover and knows the ins and outs of grooming. The ideal candidate is hardworking, customer service–oriented, and patient with both pets and people. There’s no better place to launch or continue an exciting, fulfilling career in animal services than Throw Me A Bone!
Objectives of this role:
1. Deliver outstanding customer service to pet owners by executing style requests, communicating clearly and honestly, and bringing a positive attitude to work each day.
2. Provide exemplary cosmetic care for pets, being gentle and patient with anxious and difficult animals.
3. Protect the best interests of our customers and their pets, notifying owners of any concerns, including skin abnormalities, ear infections, ticks, and fleas.
4. Help our organization continue to grow by forming fruitful relationships with customers that result in repeat visits.
1. Clean and freshen pet hair by washing, shampooing, and conditioning it.
2. Shave, trim, and style pet hair according to the owner’s preferences.
3. Maintain overall pet hygiene by clipping nails, brushing teeth, and cleaning ears.
4. Maintain a clean workstation by sanitizing and sweeping before the arrival of every client and at the end of every workday.
5. Advise owners on at-home care tips and best practices for their pets.
Required skills and qualifications:
1. Experience in pet grooming.
2. Experience in customer service.
3. Experience with animals in a professional or volunteer capacity.
4. Ability to work comfortably with animals, including anxious ones.
5. Excellent attention to detail.
$35,0000 - $70,000